Monday, August 22, 2011

Paalam Mabuhay, MV Explorer, Pt 2

Alright, it's been a couple days since this happened, but I gotta chronicle the last of my adventures even if it kills me.

So eventually, we got to New York. The bus rolled through Spanish Harlem and past Broadway to the Bus Stop. Javier and I walked half a block before he made a call and met his father. We hugged and waved goodbye. It shouldn't be the last time we see each other, though.

I made my way a block to the Megabus terminal. After trying to traverse the lines confusingly, I found where I needed to be. I met this nice old couple from Owings Mills, and we talked about our travels, their day trip in New York, and a Mexican restaurant down the road from where I live that I never been to, but they claim is very good. After waiting about thirty minutes, we jumped on the bus and disembarked. There was room, so I didn't have to wait an extra hour.

As we left the city, I turned to my right and saw the beauty of the Manhattan skyline. Skyscraper after skyscraper reached the sky. It was the view that I know Andro dreams of, and yet here I was, simply leaving it as soon as I saw it. Maybe I've been to so many cities this summer, even the Big Apple doesn't phase me. Either way, I turned forward to the South.

After a lot of napping, texting, and watching Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan movies, we ended up in White Marsh. Soon after, dad picked me up.

And just like that, my travels have ended. Like that, I left home and came back. Aside from a few gifts given away, and some souvenirs acquired, and a few pounds lost, I am back to where I started. But am I the same person?

But though we stopped moving, I must start moving on. As beautiful a summer as I've had, the fall is coming, and it's going to hit hard. When I have time, I can reflect, I can read back on this blog and reminisce of friends gained, of love unfulfilled, of a wonderful life lived. I can see the pictures of my friends and favorite places. But life continues, and I should continue to live it. I have to.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Adrian! Loved your tale of your adventures! You are a great writer and you should continue to write about your adventures. New ones will show up! My daughter was on the voyage, but she doesn't blog so we followed along on the trip with your blog. Thanks for sharing the SAS world of Summer 2011!

    ReplyDelete